Monday, April 4, 2011

Liv'n Lately

I would just like to say how very grateful I am to our families for the TONS of help they have given us. We are SO blessed with such wonderful mothers and Grandma Joyce in our lives. Without them I would be one broke down momma! I can't even begin to say how grateful I am to Kyle for all his full-time help and patience for days straight. He such a good hubby and daddy, we Thompson girls are so lucky to have him. He is our "Prince Eric". Liv has been a dream so far, she sleeps most of the day and gets up a couple times at night. She has been so good to me, I just love her to bits already. I LOVE looking at her face and watching her expressions b/c she doesn't look like Audrey, she's a totally new little person. Audrey has been a dream big sister, like I knew she would be. She washes her little hands all on her own before she touches Liv's face. She is so proud of her little sister. If we can't talk her into doing something we say that Liv will come and then she jumps right up to do it. I still feel broken and useless but I know I'll heal eventually. These nursing contractions are epidural-worthy! I was in the same pain when I cried for epidural in the hospital. And, somebody left a hard, painful basketball in my stomach. Again, I don't know what I'd do without our moms. I'm just so grateful for all the help from friends and family and I'm so, so grateful for this new little dream-gal in my life.
Kyle took pics of Audrey having her first tea party with Liv. Audrey "took a-lax" (Audrey is always "taking a lax"...it's her way of saying that she needs to relax for a minute) with Liv after the party.

We've been enjoying lemonade service in the evenings, Audrey loves to put on a show in her random get-ups and then serve lemonade afterwards. Last night she was so upset she didn't have gloves like the princesses so Kyle took her to find some and she showed up with leg warmers on her arms, so funny.




9 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh that baby Liv is just too precious! I am also in love with that top picture of Audrey. So cute. And I'm loving the "lax" time. Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Jill said...

So happy you got your dream baby! They are the best :)! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Jill said...

p.s. I want to hear the birth story :)

Sarah Hull said...

Amy, she is beautiful! So fun to have two girls that have tea parties together! Just darling!!
I remember hearing about those 2nd baby nursing contractions but thinking "oh, they can't be that bad!" and then dying! Those are tough!! I hope that each day you start feeling a little better. Can't wait to meet baby Liv!

Ash and Christian said...

Is that a pacifier in her mouth!? Do we have a Baby Shea on our hands?

She is a dream. Can't wait to meet her.

The Hull Family said...

Congrats on beautiful baby Liv. She is just too precious, and I love that she already has the most darling headbands and hats! Two girls are going to be so much fun!! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! I can't stand it! Aud is such a character! I'm on a mission to find her some princess gloves now! LOL! Little Liv is PRECIOUS! Too bad I won't be there to be her nursery teacher too! :( Hope you feel yourself ASAP!

Unknown said...

Blogs Very informative article. I've found your blog via Yahoo and I?m really glad about the information you provide in your posts. Thank You for sharing this very informative article... Regards

Natalie said...

I crack up every time I see that picture of Audrey resting after her and Liv's tea party!
XoXo
Liv is adorable!